Adult Summer Reading Program
June 6- August 13, 2016
This program is open to readers ages 18 and up living in the Oregon area. Register at the Library or online.
How it works:
Read or listen to fiction or non-fiction.
Complete a prize entry form for each book / set of activities you finish.
Entry forms may be turned in between June 13 and August 13, 2016.
Parents as Reading Partners option
Parents/guardians reading to family or friends can count the same hours of reading toward the adult program.
Four hours of reading aloud equals one adult book.
- Smokin BBQ Prize Basket
- $50.00 gift card (iTunes, Amazon, or gift card of your choice, depending on availability).
All programs are FREE and in the Sue Ames Room.
Please register for the following programs:
- T-shirt Bags Tuesday, June 14, 6 pm
- Henna Tattoos Friday, July 8, 4:30-6:30 pm (There is a limit of 35 people)
Energize Your Life Thursday, June 30, 6 pm
- This interactive workshop provides you with tools on how to incorporate high energy foods into your everyday life.
Cupcake Decorating Tuesday, July 12, 2 pm
- Become a frosting artist.
- Alicia Russell, of Creative Confections, will be demonstrating the best way to frost a cake and how to make cake borders. Participants will practice on cupcakes. All materials provided. Registration is required due to limited space and supplies.
- Children 12 and up must be with an adult. FREE.
Basic Yoga Three sessions. Tues at 2 pm:
- July 19, 26, Aug 2.
- Bring your own mat. There is a limit of 12 people per session.
Essential Oils: (there is a limit of 10 people per session)
- Essential Oils Basics Thursday, July 14, 6 pm
Enhance your home, wellness, beauty, and balance.
- Natural Cleaning Monday, August 8, 6 pm
Clean without toxic chemicals.
- LEGO Creations Expo August 12-13
Bring your LEGO creations from home to the Library and have a chance to win cool prizes.
Registration required to compete, but everyone is welcome to view the creations.
Judging categories are: Grades K-1, Grades 2-3, Grades 4-6, Teen/Adult, and Team/Family.
Registration form available June 6.
Free resources to find a good read
Novelist Plus. Find descriptive author, title and series information about your favorite books.
OREReads. What are book clubs reading? What is next in your favorite series? Want to put your book collection or reading list online? You can find all these and more in our OREReads page of our website.
Thank you for sponsoring the Summer Reading Program:
Friends of the Oregon Public Library