This program is open to readers ages 18 and up living in or visiting the Oregon area. Register at the Library.
Three Ways to Participate
- Read or listen to a book.
- Complete 30 minutes of reading and 2 of the activities listed in the brochure (or see below).
- Be a reading partner:
Read to family or friends for three hours. (One Child's level completed = 3 hours)
Each time you complete 1, 2, 3 above, fill out an entry form.
Complete 30 minutes of reading and 2 of activities listed below, then fill out an Adult entry slip.
- Sign up for the Library Buzz e-newsletter
- Attend a library program
- Fill out a Patron Picks bookmark
- Check out a book reviewed in Bookpage (free, available in lobby)
- Check out a magazine
- Check out a library Kindle (with pre-loaded titles)
- Check out an author new to you
- Check out a DIY book
- Check out an audio book
- Try out the Overdrive App (ebooks & e-audiobooks)
- Check out a movie & the book it was based on
- Check out a cake pan
- Check out a book that is set in a foreign land
- Check out a graphic novel
- Try out an online resource on our Research & Discovery page (with your library card); examples include:
- Relaxation Prize Basket
- $50.00 gift card (iTunes, Amazon, or gift card of your choice, depending on availability in Oregon).
Sponsors of the Summer Reading Program
A big thank you to the Friends of the Oregon Library for underwriting the costs of the Summer Library Program!