Need help with technology questions or with using the Library’s electronic resources? We can help you!
One-on-One Learning Sessions
The Oregon Public Library offers free 30 minute one-on-one training sessions for adults by appointment. Fill out our registration form or call 835-3656 to set up an appointment. All sessions are held at Oregon Public Library at 256 Brook Street.
We can help you learn about:
- Using the internet
- Using LINKcat
- Using Overdrive
- Using research databases
- Or suggest another topic
Ereaders & Tablets
Did you know that you can check out books to your Ereader? Go to OverDrive to download eBooks or audiobooks at https://wplc.overdrive.com/. Have a mobile device? Download the Libby app to read ebooks on your device.
Training materials on using OverDrive
- NEW Libby app
- Kindle App & Overdrive READ Kindle App & how to read books in your browser without downloading. updated 5/2017
- OverDrive's list of compatible devices. This also lists what formats work (epub, pdf, kindle) for each device.
- Overdrive App 11/16
- Kindle Original and Paperwhite updated 5/17
- Nook Original and Simple Touch updated 5/2017
- Searching Tips and Placing Holds 5/17
Free Online Computer Training
- DigitalLearn.org offers free online tutorials on basic computer skills.
- Wisc-Online Basic Computer Skills offers free online courses that cover basic computer skills.
- GCFLearnFree.org offers free computer tutorials on more than 180 topics, including more than 2,000 lessons, 800+ videos, and 55+ interactives and games.