Check out the 650s and 658s in the non-fiction section of the library for print resources.
Magazines we carry in library:
- In Business
- AtoZdatabases Directory and demographic information for 13 million businesses in the USA
- LearningExpress Library: Practice tests and tutorial course series for students and adult learners.
- Mango Language Learning Learn a new language or brush up your foreign language skills online
- Morningstar Financial information on over 30,000 stocks, mutual funds and ETFs.
- Value Line Stock reports and rankings, as well as news, commentary, and investment planning tools.
- County Business Patterns, Wisconsin Track county trends in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Workforce Development Access economic facts and trends about the workforce for all Wisconsin counties
- www.entrepreneur.com Online version of the magazine.
- North American Industry Classification System Industry codes and statistical information
- UW Small Business Development Center Information about resources, classes, and the free Small Business Access Line.
- Wisconsin Business Services and Resources For those wanting to start a business in Wisconsin, start here for resources from state agencies, programs, and information.
Other Research Resources:
- Hoovers' Online Short, informative profiles of major U.S. businesses and major industries. Fee-based services are usually clearly marked.
- Securities and Exchange Commission and FreeEDGAR Find financial reports on public companies.
- Thomas Register of American Manufacturers Search the Thomas Register online by company name, brand name, product, or service. You'll get a brief profile for free.
- Business Owner's Toolkit basic business forms, templates, and checklists that you can download to your computer and customize
- Business USA federal government information and advice relating to business operation
- KnowThis Annotated guide to marketing resources
- sba.gov Small Business Administration- starting, financing, and managing a small business
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office For patent and trademark searches. Easy to use. Requires fees for full-text patent delivery.
Looking for charities, foundations and grants:
- Associations on the Net Direct links to organizations of many types from the Internet Public Library.
- BBB (Better Business Bureau) Wise Giving Alliance The reports are detailed and provide financial information, history, and other information on charities and their work.
- Charity Navigator Analysis and ratings of charities and non-profit organizations. Includes a list of "Top Ten" and "4 Star" charities.
- Foundation Center Includes hundreds of direct links to private, corporate, and public foundations, as well as information about foundations and grant seeking.
- guidestar.org Search GuideStar for the most complete, up-to-date nonprofit data available
- kickstarter.com Get your project funded or invest in a project.
- non-profit guides "Grant writing tools for non-profit professionals."
- Search for Charities Cumulative list of organizations eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions.