- Select seeds and check them out from the library.
- Grow your plants and enjoy the harvest.
- Collect and return some seeds if you are able. There is no penalty for not returning seeds.
By participating in the seed library you are helping to create a culture of sharing and community. Saving seeds leads to a sustainable future for your community and your garden.
If you already save seeds, consider donating to our seed library.
How to return seeds to our collection
Save the envelope that your seeds came in. When you have collected seeds at the end of the growing season (or after the plant has overwintered), put the seeds in the envelope and return them to the library.
If you lost the envelope, please return the seeds as if they are a donation.
How do donate seeds to our collection
We will gladly accept seeds that were not originally checked out from our seed library if they fit the following requirements.
- Seeds must be open pollinated variety. We cannot accept hybrid seeds.
- If you purchased seeds at a large chain store, they are probably hybrids and we cannot accept them.
- Have you been saving seeds for years from your family's plants? Perfect. We will accept those and would love to know the seed's story.
- We will accept any non-invasive variety of vegetable or flower seeds that fit the previous requirements for which you can provide ALL the information on the donation form.
How many seeds should you put in each envelope? Don’t worry about it. Put them in a baggie and we’ll gladly divide them.
- Information page on Seed Savers Exchange https://www.seedsavers.org/learn
- UW Extension https://dane.uwex.edu/horticulture/
For even more information, contact Kara Ripley at email@example.com