Check out free library books on your ereader. Read instantly. Books return automatically. No fines.
Handouts on how to download or READ library books:
(All handouts are in pdf format)
- Overdrive READ (on page two) added 12/2013 Read books in your browser without downloading.
- Adobe Digital Editions (for epub format) updated 10/2013
- Audiobooks using Windows to an MP3 player (non-app) 8/2014
- Ipad and Apple Devices using Overdrive App 9/2014
- Kindle and Overdrive Apps (for tablets and other mobile devices) updated 12/2013
- Kindle Original and Paperwhite updated 9/2013
- Nook Color and Tablets (and epub compatible devices) updated 12/2013
- Nook Original and Simple Touch updated 3/2013
- Searching and Placing Holds 3/2014
What type works for me?
Comparisons and reviews of popular brands:
- www. CNET.com has reviews of all the latest gadgets and devices.
- Reviews from Consumer Reports. Oregon subscribes to the print and online versions of Consumer Reports. You can use the online version outside the library with your valid library card and have designated a Oregon Library as your home library.
How to use your device with the library?
The Wisconsin library community subscribes to OverDrive to provide patrons with free downloadable eBooks, audiobooks, videos, and music.
- Download OverDrive eBooks and audiobooks at http://dbooks.wplc.info/.
- OverDrive's list of compatible devices. This also lists what formats work (epub, pdf, kindle) for each device.
- Use the Help icon to get started with eBooks and audiobooks from OverDrive.The Help tab includes videos, finding out how to download materials, what devices work with Overdrive and more..