Check out free library books on your ereader. Read instantly. Books return automatically. No fines.
Handouts on how to download or READ library books:
(All handouts are in pdf format)
- Kindle App & Overdrive READ Kindle App & how to read books in your browser without downloading. updated 1/2016
- Overdrive App 3/16
- Kindle Original and Paperwhite updated 1/16
- Nook Periodicals App for Magazines and video tutorial
- Nook Original and Simple Touch updated 3/2013
- Searching Tips and Placing Holds 12/2015
What type works for me?
Comparisons and reviews of popular brands:
- www. CNET.com has reviews of all the latest gadgets and devices.
- Consumer Reports Online. Oregon subscribes to the print and online versions of Consumer Reports. You can use the online version outside the library with your valid library card and have designated a Oregon Library as your home library.
- www.engadget.com reviews, news, advice and features.
- www.theverge.com tech reviews and more.
How to use your device with the library?
The Wisconsin library community subscribes to OverDrive to provide patrons with free downloadable eBooks, audiobooks, videos, and music.
- Download OverDrive eBooks and audiobooks at http://dbooks.wplc.info/.
- OverDrive's list of compatible devices. This also lists what formats work (epub, pdf, kindle) for each device.
- Use the Help icon to get started with eBooks and audiobooks from OverDrive.The Help tab includes videos, finding out how to download materials, what devices work with Overdrive and more..