Have an Ereader or tablet?
Check out free library books on your ereader. Read instantly. Books return automatically. No fines.
Handouts on how to download or READ library books
- NEW Libby app
- Kindle App & Overdrive READ Kindle App & how to read books in your browser without downloading. updated 5/2017
- Overdrive App 11/16
- Kindle Original and Paperwhite updated 5/17
- Nook Original and Simple Touch updated 5/2017
- Searching Tips and Placing Holds 5/17
Comparisons and reviews of popular brands:
- www. CNET.com has reviews of all the latest gadgets and devices.
- Consumer Reports Online. Oregon subscribes to the print and online versions of Consumer Reports. You can use the online version outside the library with your valid library card and have designated a Oregon Library as your home library.
- www.engadget.com reviews, news, advice and features.
- www.theverge.com tech reviews and more.
How to use your device with the library?
The Wisconsin library community subscribes to OverDrive to provide patrons with free downloadable eBooks, audiobooks, videos, and music.
- Download OverDrive eBooks and audiobooks at https://wplc.overdrive.com/.
- OverDrive's list of compatible devices. This also lists what formats work (epub, pdf, kindle) for each device.
- Use the Help icon to get started with eBooks and audiobooks from OverDrive.The Help tab includes videos, finding out how to download materials, what devices work with Overdrive and more.