Oregon Public Library Community Resource Guide 2018 (pdf)
This guide includes local social services as well as other relevant resources.
- ACCESS Wisconsin - Access to Eligibility Support Services for Health & Nutrition and Childcare
- Big Brothers/Sisters of Dane County Children, ages 6 to 14, of single parents are matched with adult friends under professional supervision. 608-661-5437
- Briarpatch Counseling and very short-term foster placement for teens in conflict or crisis; family counseling. 24-hour phone line: 800- 798-1126
- Child Care Resources and Referrals
- Dane Co Health and Human Services Services available in Dane County by category.
- Family Court Counseling Information
- Food Pantry for Oregon/Brooklyn area located at at the corner of Lincoln and Union Roads in Oregon, south of Town Hall; #8 (rear unit) of Hefty Storage Building. The pantry is open 3:00 to 6:00 pm on the last Thursday of each month, unless a holiday.
New Clients are requested to bring a utility bill with their name and address on it during their first visit to the Food Pantry to establish their address.New Guests are asked to bring a large basket or box for their food.
- FoodShare Outreach Residents of Dane County can call the Change Center at 608-242-7500 with general eligibility questions or by email at CRC@countyofdane.com.
- Head Start Provides child care programs for low-income families and children. Referrals to other child care programs. 608-275-6740
- Madison and Dane County Public Health
- United Way 2-1-1 Don't know where to turn to or where to call for social services in Dane County, call 211
- WIC Women Infants and Children Nutrition Program