Materials to print:
How it works:
- This program is for children ages 4-12. For children 3 and under, the Library has the Rubber Ducky Club. For young people 12 and up, please check out the teen program Spark a Reaction.
- Register at the Library or online.
- Each month (June, July, and August) has its own Activity Log that includes literacy and science activities.
- An Activity Log will be available at the Library and online at the beginning of each month.
- June Activity Log is available June 9.
Turn in by July 11 for prize.
- July Activity Log is available July 1.
Turn in by August 9 for prize.
- August Activity Log is available August 1.
Turn in by August 23 for prize.
- For each completed Activity Log you earn a prize and an entry slip for the Grand Prize Drawing.
- The prizes include lots of favorites: Mallards, Eugster’s Farm, Schuster’s Farm, Pizza Hut, Rocky Rococo Pizza, and BOOKS! You can only earn one prize per month.
- If you complete a challenge from the Challenge Sheet, you can earn another entry slip for the Grand Prize Drawing. There is no limit on the number of challenges you can complete.
- If you complete the Activity Logs of all three months (June, July, August), you earn a free paperback book!
- Entry Slips to Grand Prizes Drawing need to be in by 2:00 pm on Saturday, August 23.
- For every Activity Log and Challenge Sheet completed, the Friends of the Oregon Library will donate $.10 to the Oregon/Brooklyn Food Pantry.
June 19, 10 am, Prairie View Elementary Little Theater
Using his clever songs and unique showmanship, Duke Otherwise effortlessly engages and inspires children of all ages. Covering a wide range of topics Duke challenges kids to think outside the box.
Science Alliance: Zapped!
June 26, 10 am, Prairie View Elementary Big Gym
Science Alliance presents its electricity program called Zapped!. Kids will see how electricity works through exciting experiments.
Ice Cream Reading Challenge
July 10, 2 pm, Oregon Library
Come to the library and read or be read to for 30 minutes. There will be a storytime for those who are not yet reading. As a reward, children will get an ice cream sundae. Ice cream will be served at 2:45 pm.
LEGO Creations Expo
July 17, 2 pm, Oregon Library
Kids will bring their spectacular LEGO creations from home to the Library and have a chance to win cool prizes. If you want to show your LEGO creation, you must sign up at the Library or call 608-835-3656. Registration starts on June 30 and you must return an entry form to show a creation. Everyone is welcome even if you do not bring a creation. There will be other LEGO-inspired activities.
Pop-Up Puppet Theater
July 24, 6:30 pm, Oregon Library
Oregon and Madison Librarians join forces to present two magically silly puppet plays. Milk and cookies will be served after the performance.
July 31, 2 pm, Prairie View Elementary Big Gym
Mad Scientist is truly mad about science!!! He will be reaching for the stars for coolexperiments to awe and amaze all ages. Kids from the audience will be asked to help.
Kids will explore science concepts and do hands-on activities. For ages K-6.
Please register for each session at the Library or call 608-835-3656. Registration starts June 9.
June 30 1-2 pm Rockets
July 21 1-2 pm Catapults
August 11 1-2 pm Robots
Dane County Fair
Milwaukee Public Museum