Teen Book Trailer Contest
In honor of Teen Tech Week, Oregon Public Library is hosting a Teen Book Trailer Contest. Just like a movie trailer encourages us to watch the movie, a great book trailer entices viewers into reading the book. Prizes are awarded to the top two trailers. Winning trailers will be featured on the library website and the Teen Zone @ OPL blog.
- Participants must be between the ages of 12 and 17.
- Participants may work alone or in a group of 2 to 4.
- Each submission must be between 1-5 minutes.
- Trailers should feature a book available at the Oregon Public Library.
- Entries must include the title of the book and the author’s name.
- In the end credits please list group members and any borrowed media (images, music, and sounds).
- Your video may not contain content that is inappropriate.
- You must obtain written Parent or Legal Guardian permission before entries are considered. Permission slip must be returned to Kelly, Youth Services Librarian.
- All submissions must be posted on YouTube. Please email a link to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6:00 pm on March 19, 2010. The email must include the name, age, and phone number of each group member. If you do not want to open a YouTube account, email the file to email@example.com.
- Take a look at some examples done by teens and by professionals.
- Check out YouTube for resources on making quality videos.
- Be aware of copyright laws. The Crete Public Library offers resources about copyright law and where to search for free images, music, and sounds.
- If you have questions, call Kelly at 608-835-3656 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winners will be announced at the Book Trailer Screening Party on March 22 at 6:30 pm. Library staff will choose the winners.
- Grand Prize is $50 gift certificate to Best Buy.
- Second Place is four movie passes to Star Cinema.
Entries will be shown on the big screen. Winners will be announced. Popcorn and refreshments will be served. You do not need to have entered a video to attend.