Reading Recommendations from Oregon Staff
Books for Babies and Toddlers
100 Picture Books Every Kindergarten Should Hear Before Kindergarten
Ready for Chapter Books
Great Books for 3rd Grade
Great Books for 4th Grade
Classic Children's Books
- Mid-Continent Library Series and Sequels
- NoveList Plus You can outside the library with your valid library card and have designated a Oregon Library as your home library.
- American Folklore
- Award Winning Books from American Library Association
For Parents & Educators
- Adolescent Literacy has resources for parents and educators of kids in grades 4-12 to build background knowledge and reading comprehension. This site offers classroom strategies, book and author recommendations, blogs, newsletters, research and reports as well as a Spanish link.
- Birth to Six offers book lists and early literacy information for parents, caregivers, and teachers of young children. From the Hennepin County Library System.
- CCBC (Cooperative Children's Book Center of UW-Madison) helps librarians, teachers, child care providers and others navigate the abundance of choices to locate the best books possible to meet their needs.
- Common Sense Media provides information about the content of movies, books, and other media so parents can make informed decisions on what is appropriate for their family.
- Reading is Fundamental offers information about literacy, reading aloud suggestions, and more for children birth through teen.
- TeachingBooks.net great resource for teachers. Provided by Badgelink.