The Read-to-Me program helps build early literacy skills in children by encouraging a love of language and books. Studies have shown that babies, toddlers, and preschoolers with an environment rich in sounds, letters and listening to books enter school ready to learn!
We will help you focus on the five Early Literacy Practices:
How Read to Me Works
- Register online.
- Read to Me program is for ages 0-4.
- Readers track their reading and activities online using the Beanstack platform. Readers can use Beanstack on a computer, smartphone, or tablet. The Beanstack tracking app is avialable in the App Store and Google Play Store.
- Here is a Quickstart Guide on using Beanstack.
- Prizes and Grand Prize Drawing
- For completing the program, readers earn a book and a goody bag. We are still working on the best way to hand out prizes since the Library building is not fully open. Updates will be here and on our social media.
- Read to Me Grand Prizes - For every badge a reader completes, they earn a ticket to enter to win one of the following grand prizes. Readers select which prize they want to win. Readers can put some tickets in one prize drawing and other tickets in another one.
- Ice Cream Cart
- Music Set
Thank you 2020 Sponsors!
The children and teen programs are supported by the generous donations of the following businesses and organizations:
Friends of the Oregon Library
South Central Library System