- When will the library reopen?
- When are my items due?
- What if my holds are ready to pick up?
- Can I still place holds?
- Why are my holds taking so long?
- How long will the item(s) I requested be available for pick-up at Oregon?
- Can I return library materials?
- What online resources can I access while the library is closed?
- How does curbside pick-up work?
- Do I need an appointment for curbside pick-up?
- How often can I use curbside pick-up?
- Can I pick up materials today?
- I've been calling but can't get through. What do I do?
- Are you accepting donations of materials for the book sale right now?
- I have a different question.
At this point, we do not yet know exactly when the library will reopen or what that will look like. The library is working with the guidance from Public Health, Dane County, the Village and other partners to plan how and when we will be able to reopen safely for staff and our community.
Updates will be posted on social media and our website when they become available.
Due dates for items checked out at Oregon Library will be extended until September 1st. No fines will be assessed for items checked at Oregon Library until after that date.
Yes. You can call (608) 835-3656 or use LINKcat to place a hold on an item.
However, delivery service between libraries is currently very limited so we recommend placing holds on items that are currently available at the Oregon Public Library. Learn how to find items on the shelf at Oregon with this LINKcat Help page. If you aren't sure if holds you placed can be filled by materials at Oregon, email email@example.com or call (608)835-3656.
Before the pandemic it usually took 2-3 days to receive items in transit between libraries. Now, it is more commonly 10-15 days to receive items from other libraries.
We know the delay in getting your materials is frustrating and confusing. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
There are multiple reasons why delivery has been slower than usual:
- Our delivery system have adjusted staffing to follow social distancing guidelines. We currently send and receive deliveries 4 times per week instead of 6 times per week.
- Materials are pulled from the loaning library, quarantined for 4 days and sorted and then delivered to us. We then need to quarantine items again. So 8 days are added on to the delivery process.
There are some things you can do to help speed along the process:
- If you place a hold on an item that is available on our shelf but the hold is being delivered from another library, give us a call at (608) 835-3656 and we will pull the item for you from our shelf.
- Libraries are still placing their primary focus on filling holds for patrons picking up at their location, so it is likely faster to pick it up there. When placing holds you are able to specify a different pick up location. Call the library to schedule pick up.
For more information on placing and managing holds, you can also visit the LINKcat help page: https://help.linkcat.info.
We are always happy to help you manage your holds. Please call (608) 835-3656 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about your account.
If you were notified of a hold being available after May 31, we are still holding your item(s) for you even if your LINKcat account says they were sent back.
Please email email@example.com or call (608)835-3656 if you have any questions about your account.
Our outside bookdrop is located on the side of the building nearest the Senior Center and is open limited hours.
- Tuesdays from noon to 7:30 pm
- Saturdays from 9 am to 2:30 pm
Materials will be quarantined for a minimum of 4 days per current guidelines so be aware your items will not be checked in on the same day that they are returned.
The library provides many online resources. You can download ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines as well as access many other resources. Get started on Research & Discovery or Research & Discovery for Kids & Families.
The library also has free Wi-Fi that you can access outside the library building.
The library provides curbside pick-up by appointment and on demand.
If you have items waiting for you on our holds shelf you may pick them up during these time without an appointment.
- Mondays from 4:30-7:30 pm
- Tuesdays from 12:30-3:30 pm
- Thursdays from 8:30-11:30 am
- Fridays from 12:30-3:30 pm
When you arrive at the library during our scheduled On Demand times,
- Pull into a numbered spot in front of the building.
- Call (608) 835-3656 and have your library card number ready.
- Remain in your vehicle and we will bring out your materials.
- When library staff returns into the building, you may pick up your items from the table.
We will still be offering appointments for curbside pickup if you prefer a different day or time. To make an appointment, complete the Curbside Pick-up form and you will receive an email with your assigned pick-up day and time. When you arrive at the library, call (608) 835-3656 and remain in your vehicle. We will bring out your materials. When library staff returns into the building, you may pick up your items from the table.
If you want to pick up materials outside the hours of Mondays from 4:30-7:30 pm, Tuesdays from 12:30-3:30 pm, Thursdays from 8:30-11:30 am, and Fridays from 12:30-3:30 pm then you need an appointment. Complete the Curbside Pick-up form and you will receive an email with your assigned pick-up day and time.
On Mondays from 4:30-7:30 pm, Tuesdays from 12:30-3:30 pm, Thursdays from 8:30-11:30 am, and Fridays from 12:30-3:30 pm you can pick up materials without an appointment if you have items waiting for you on our holds shelf.
If you are making an appointment to pick up materials, sometimes we have same day appointments open. We put the dates that are available in the Curbside Pick-Up form.
The library is operating under reduced hours and staffing to ensure the health and safety of everyone. Additionally, we are receiving a higher volume of calls than normal.
If you are calling to pick up items during an On Demand time, please give us a call back. The phones are very busy and we are not always able to listen to voicemails while providing our On Demand service.
If you are calling about something other than picking up items during an On Demand time, leave a message and/or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Staff are responding to calls and emails as quickly as possible. Please be patient and we'll help you as soon as we can!
Please limit to once a week.
No, we are not able to accept donated books or other materials at this time.
Please email email@example.com or call (608)835-3656 and we'll see how we can help you. We have reduced hours and may not be able to answer your question immediately, but we'll get back to you as soon as we can.