What is your library worth to you?
We know you value the services and resources provided by your public library, but just how much are those services worth? How much would you pay out-of-pocket if the library didn't exist, or if these services and resources weren't available at no cost?
Take a moment and reflect on your library use over the past month, then use the value calculator to calculate a total value related to the services and resources you used. Go to the Value Calculator or use the calculator below.
To use this form:
- Enter in the left hand column the number of times per month you or your family use each service.
- Estimated retail value of each service will be calculated on the right.
- Total value of your library use is shown at the bottom of the worksheet.
- Your return on investment for each $1 of taxes paid also will be calculated.
- Tip: Tab between entries and do not use commas.
- Note: If you do not select a library below, the average per capita expenditure for the seven-county South Central Library System will be used.
We'd love to hear what value you have calculated! Please fill out our online form and give us your library name and calculated value.