Meeting Date & Time:
If you're interested, attend a meeting or talk to Kelly the Librarian in person, by phone 608-835-3656, or email email@example.com.
What is the Teen Advisory Board?
The Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is a volunteer group of teens that offers suggestions and provides input to the Youth Services Librarian about teen reading interests, recreational activities, programming, and space planning.
What does TAB do?
The TAB members decide what we do but some possibilities are:
- Help choose books, movies, and music for the library.
- Plan, organize, and attend teen programs.
- Volunteer at library events and kid’s programs.
- Decorate the teen space.
- Create book talk videos for the Library's website and youtube.
When will TAB meet?
TAB will meet once a month for one hour to discuss books, magazines, teen issues, and programming. We usually meet the 2nd Friday of the month.
Why should I join?
- A chance to have real input in what the library offers for teens.
- Meet other teens.
- Develop leadership and teamwork skills
- TAB provides volunteer experience that looks great on job, college, and scholarship applications.
- Free snacks while you offer up your ideas.
Who can join?
- Age 12-17 or Grades 6-12.
- Able to attend monthly meetings.
- Willing to participate in TAB discussions and activities.
- Willing to respect the tastes, privacy, and opinions of others.