LEGO fanatics of all ages bring their LEGO creations from home to the Library and have a chance to win cool prizes.
Winners receive $10 gift card to Bricks & Minifigs in Fitchburg. Winners in the Team/Family category receive a $20 gift card.
Registration required to compete. Registration forms will be available starting June 4.
Entry categories: Grades K-1, Grades 2-3, Grades 4-6, Teen/Adult, Team/Family
Everyone welcome to view the creations during the open times on Friday and Saturday.
Schedule of Events
Wednesday, August 8 Registration closes.
Thursday, August 9 Participants can bring their creations to Library anytime between 9 am - 8 pm.
Friday, August 10 Judging from 9 am - Noon. Open to the public from Noon - 6 pm.
Saturday, August 11 Open to the public from 9 am - 1 pm.
Guidelines and Rules
- Use your own LEGO or similar type plastic brick. Please talk to Kelly if you do not have LEGOS.
- Your creation must be an original. Creations made exactly from a kit will not be up for prizes. You can use parts from kits but your creation must not look like the picture on the box.
- Creations must fit through the Library doors. Make it no bigger than 2 feet by 2 feet wide and 4 feet tall. You can bring more than one creation if they all fit into the 2 feet by 2 feet space.
- You can bring your creation in anytime on August 11. Judging will be Friday morning. You can pick up your creation anytime after judging, but we do ask you leave it for the public viewings. Please pick up creations by 3 pm on Saturday, August 12. If these times do not work, talk to Kelly about other arrangements.
- Judging Criteria: creativity and originality (40%), presentation (25%), building skill based on age of entry (25%), and following contest rules (10%).
- Top Prize will be awarded in each of these five categories: Grades K-1, Grades 2-3, Grades 4-6, Teen/Adult, Team/Family.
Call 608-835-3656 or email email@example.com.