2015 Teen Summer Reading Program
June 8-August 15
Register at the Library or online.
If you registered online, you can print reading log (legal-size) at home or pick one up at the Library.
How it Works
- This program is for ages 12-17.
- You are asked to complete 24 missions on your reading log. Each square is a mission. The missions include reading or listening to books, checking out stuff from the Library, and fun activities.
- Each mission = an entry slip to the weekly drawings
- All weekly drawing slips go into the grand prize drawing.
- 12 missions = pack of coupons & passes
- All 24 missions = free book
- Grand Prizes
- $25 gift card to Oregon Froyo
- $25 gift card of Your Choice (Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, Barnes & Noble, or ask about another option)
- At 12 and 24 missions, $.10 will be donated to the Oregon/Brooklyn Food Pantry.
Special FREE Events
Wednesday, June 17, 2 pm
Library provides all the supplies to sharpie, paint or Mod Podge rocks into beautiful art.
Comic Book Crafts
Wednesday, July 15, 2 pm
Turn old comics into jewelry and other decorative items. Library provides supplies.
Teen Half Lock-in
Friday, July 24, 6-10 pm
After the Library closes, teens will get to hang out, play life-size games, and more! Registration is required and the deadline is Wednesday, July 22. A signed permission slip must be turned in to participate.
LEGO Creations Expo
August 13-15, Times TBA
People enter an original LEGO creation and compete for top honors in their age category. Registration required to compete but everyone is welcome to view the creations.
Dane County Fair
Madison Museum of Contemporary Art
Milwaukee Public Museum
UW-Madison Geology Museum