- Search in LINKcat
- Wisconsin State Journal recent obituaries from 11/19/2004 to present
- NewspaperArchive Madison history from 1838-2013 and requires a library card outside of the library
- Wisconsin Historical Society offers a newspaper obituary search service for a fee
Magazines we carry in library
- Family Tree
Viewscan Microfilm Reader
- Can read microfiche, scan camera slides and old photographs
- Our collection contains the following
- Oregon Observer from 1881- 2011 on film
- US Census for Dane County from 1850-1870
- US Census for Dodge County for 1850
- Current year and one year previous are available in print format in library
- Ancestry Library (Available in-library only.) Genealogy information, including census data, passenger lists, and more
- Family Search Search FamilySearch records, resources, and services to learn more about your family history
- HeritageQuest Genealogy records and books, including census data, local histories, tax rolls, and cemetery lists
- NewspaperARCHIVE Searchable newspaper pages, dating as far back as the 1700s
Local Marriages and Deaths index file
- For Cemetery Records for deceased Oregon area residents click here
- The Library has an Obituary File and Marriage index file by last name available during normal library hours
- The marriage file is by last names as found in the Oregon Observer 1881-1945
- Full marriage notices can then be viewed on the microfilm reader
Village of Oregon Cemeteries
Prairie Mound Cemetery
117 Spring Street
Oregon, WI 53575
St. Mary’s Holy Mother of Consolation Church Cemetery
651 N. Main Street
Oregon, WI 53575
- Light, Sally .
- Tracing the history of your house /Barratt, Nick .National Archives (Great Britain)
- House History Research Guide, Milwaukee Public Library (includes both Milwaukee County specific, and statewide resources)
- Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps - Wisconsin Historical Society (search by community)
- Check old city directories, locating names of past owners.
- Contact past owners for pictures/information.
- Contact local or state historical society for pictures/information
- Check the county's property tax records of the property
Other Genealogy Resources
- American Family Immigration History Center at Ellis Island Online
- Cyndi's List of Genealogy Internet Sites A collection of around 100,000 links that have been organized and cross-referenced in over 100 categories
- Dane County Genealogical Society Includes links, DCGS newsletters, and upcoming events.
- Life History Services Oral history services for a fee
- National Archives The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration
- Oregon Area Historical Society 159 W. Lincoln, Oregon, WI 53575
- Recollection Wisconsin Links to various online collections from around the state and even includes yearbooks from colleges and high schools.
- Social Security Death Index is now available thru Ancestry.com. (in library use only).
- US Gen Web free genealogy websites for genealogical research.
- Wisconsin Historical Society Offers a number of links (under Archives) to sites of historical interest in Wisconsin. For the holdings of the State Historical Society, use the University of Wisconsin-Madison's card catalog.
- Wisconsin Historical Society Family History