We are so excited to be moving into our new library! Thank you to a wonderful community who has supported this project!
Our new address will be 200 N Alpine Parkway.
The library will be closed from Monday, December 11, 2023 to Thursday, January 4, 2024 and most services will be unavailable.
Closure dates are based on scheduled delivery dates from our partners and vendors. This schedule is subject to change based on circumstances beyond our control.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will you be closed?
The library will be closed from Monday, December 11 to Thursday, January 4.
- No programs or Storytimes
- You will need to suspend holds or pick them up at other libraries
- We will not be regularly available by phone or email
- The book return will be closed from Saturday, December 9 at 3 pm until Wednesday, December 20
- When you are closed, how do I return books?
While closed, the library will have limited book return access. Items can be returned to any other library in South Central Library System or when the book return opens on Wednesday, December 20.
The book return at 256 Brook Street will permanently close on Saturday, December 9 at 3 pm. The book return at 200 N Alpine Parkway will open on Wednesday, December 20 but items may not be checked in until December 29th.
- How can I check out items while you are closed?
While the library is closed, you will not be able to check out items at the old or new library locations. You are, however, able to use any library in the South Central Library System with your Oregon library card.
If you pick up holds at Oregon, please suspend your holds or ask staff to change the pick up location.
- How will I get my holds while you are closed?
If you pick up holds at Oregon, please suspend your holds or ask staff to change the pick up location by Tuesday, December 5. Starting Wednesday, December 6, staff will suspend any active holds on your account.
Holds can be picked up through Saturday, December 9 and will resume once we re-open in our new location.
- When is the last day to check out items before you close?
Saturday, December 9th is the last day to check out items or pick up holds at 256 Brook St.
- Will you be available by phone or email when you are closed?
Phones and emails will not be answered regularly until we re-open. Thank you for understanding as we prepare our new space. We will get back to you as soon as we can!
- When is the grand opening celebration?
We are planning this special event! More information coming soon!