- When will the library reopen?
- When are my items due?
- Why did these charges appear on my account if there are no overdue fines through March 31, 2021 for materials checked out at Oregon Library?
- I have lost item charges over $20.00 but I want to place holds. Can I just pay the fees online so that I can place holds and then return the items for refunds?
- What if my holds are ready to pick up?
- Can I still place holds?
- Why are my holds taking so long?
- How long will the item(s) I requested be available for pick-up at Oregon?
- Can I return library materials?
- How does curbside pick-up work?
- Do I need an appointment for curbside pick-up?
- How often can I use curbside pick-up?
- Can I pick up materials today?
- Can I use the photocopier?
- Can I use your wi-fi?
- I've been calling but can't get through. What do I do?
- Are you accepting donations of materials for the book sale right now?
- What online resources can I access while the library is closed?
- I have a different question.
We do not yet know when the library will reopen. With the uptick in COVID-19 cases in the county and with all other village buildings closed, the Library Board has made the difficult decision to keep the library building closed to the public for now. This decision was not made lightly and will be revisited again soon. The library is working with the guidance from Public Health, Dane County, the Village, and other partners to plan how and when we will be able to reopen safely for staff and our community.
While the library is closed to the public, we continue to offer curbside pick-up, the ability to return library materials, online resources, online programming, free wi-fi, wi-fi printing, and copier services.
Updates will be posted on social media and our website when they become available.
Library materials checked out at Oregon are back to the normal checkout periods.
We understand that the limited book return hours make it challenging to return library materials on time - especially DVDs - so be assured there will be no overdue fines through the end of March 2021 for items checked out at Oregon Library and returned before March 31, 2021. Charges for lost or damaged materials will still apply.
Why did these charges appear on my account if there are no overdue fines through March 31, 2021 for materials checked out at Oregon Library?
If you have an item checked out that is more than 4 weeks overdue that item is considered lost and the replacement cost is automatically charged to your account. Once you return the replacement cost will be removed from your account and as long as the item is returned before March 31, 2021 there will be no late fees added to your account.
If you have fees over $20.00 you will be blocked from placing holds in LINKcat. That block will be lifted once the lost item charges are resolved.
I have lost item charges over $20.00 but I want to place holds. Can I just pay the fees online so that I can place holds and then return the items for refunds?
If you have fees on your account but would like to place a hold call the library at (608) 835-3656 and we will try to work with you to resolve the issue.
If you have lost materials that you intend to return, DO NOT pay for them online and then request a refund. Because each library in the South Central Library System sets its own refund policy, we cannot guarantee that you would be eligible for a refund.
Yes. You can call (608) 835-3656 or use LINKcat to place a hold on an item.
However, delivery service between libraries is slower than usual so we recommend placing holds on items that are currently available at the Oregon Public Library.
Learn how to find items on the shelf at Oregon with this LINKcat Help page. If you aren't sure if holds you placed can be filled by materials at Oregon, email email@example.com or call (608)835-3656.
Before the pandemic it usually took 2-3 days to receive items in transit between libraries. Until recently, it commonly took 10-15 days to receive items from other libraries. Now because of updated quarantine guidelines, we estimate that delivery will take about 7 days.
We know the delay in getting your materials is frustrating and confusing. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
There are multiple reasons why delivery has been slower than usual:
- Our delivery system have adjusted staffing to follow social distancing guidelines. We currently send and receive deliveries 5 times per week instead of 6 times per week.
- Materials are pulled from the loaning library, quarantined and sorted and then delivered to us. We then need to quarantine items again for at least 24 hours.
There are some things you can do to help speed along the process:
- If you place a hold on an item that is available on our shelf but the hold is being delivered from another library, give us a call at (608) 835-3656 and we will pull the item for you from our shelf.
- Libraries are still placing their primary focus on filling holds for patrons picking up at their location, so it is likely faster to pick it up there. When placing holds you are able to specify a different pick up location. Call the library to schedule pick up.
For more information on placing and managing holds, you can also visit the LINKcat help page: https://help.linkcat.info.
We are always happy to help you manage your holds. Please call (608) 835-3656 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about your account.
Holds remain on the holds shelf for one week after they arrive at the library. Use Curbside Pick-Up to get your items.
Yes. Our outside bookdrop, located on the side of the building nearest the Senior Center, is open 24/7.
Materials returned at Oregon Library will be quarantined for at least 24 hours prior to being checked in. This new quarantine period is due to updated recommendations from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction & Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
If you return materials to other libraries, their quarantine period may be different. Each library determines its quarantine time.
The library provides curbside pick-up by appointment and on demand.
If you have items waiting for you on our holds shelf you may pick them up during these time without an appointment.
- Mondays from 4:30-7:30 pm
- Tuesdays from 12:30-3:30 pm
- Thursdays from 8:30-11:30 am
- Fridays from 12:30-3:30 pm
When you arrive at the library during our scheduled On Demand times,
- Pull into a numbered spot in front of the building.
- Call (608) 835-3656 and have your library card number ready.
- Remain in your vehicle and we will bring out your materials.
- When library staff returns into the building, you may pick up your items from the table.
We will still be offering appointments for curbside pickup if you prefer a different day or time. To make an appointment, complete the Curbside Pick-up form and you will receive an email with your assigned pick-up day and time. When you arrive at the library, call (608) 835-3656 and remain in your vehicle. We will bring out your materials. When library staff returns into the building, you may pick up your items from the table.
If you want to pick up materials outside the hours of Mondays from 4:30-7:30 pm, Tuesdays from 12:30-3:30 pm, Thursdays from 8:30-11:30 am, and Fridays from 12:30-3:30 pm then you need an appointment. Complete the Curbside Pick-up form and you will receive an email with your assigned pick-up day and time.
On Mondays from 4:30-7:30 pm, Tuesdays from 12:30-3:30 pm, Thursdays from 8:30-11:30 am, and Fridays from 12:30-3:30 pm you can pick up materials without an appointment if you have items waiting for you on our holds shelf.
If you are making an appointment to pick up materials, we often have same day appointments open. We put the dates that are available in the Curbside Pick-Up form.
We have a photocopier and can make copies for you. To use this service make an appointment using the Curbside Pick-Up form or by calling (608) 835-3656.
We have free wireless internet available in our parking lot and at picnic tables outside the library.
The library is operating under reduced hours and staffing to ensure the health and safety of everyone. Additionally, we are receiving a higher volume of calls than normal.
If you are calling to pick up items during an On Demand time, please do not leave a message, just give us a call back. The phones are very busy and we are not always able to listen to voicemails while providing our On Demand service.
If you are calling about something other than picking up items during an On Demand time, leave a message and/or email email@example.com. Staff are responding to calls and emails as quickly as possible. Please be patient and we'll help you as soon as we can!
Please limit to once a week.
No, we are not able to accept donated books or other materials at this time.
The library provides many online resources. You can download ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines as well as access many other resources. Get started on Research & Discovery or Research & Discovery for Kids & Families.
The library also has free Wi-Fi that you can access outside the library building.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (608)835-3656 and we'll see how we can help you. We have reduced hours and may not be able to answer your question immediately, but we'll get back to you as soon as we can.