The Oregon Public Library is pleased to offer events as part of the nationwide #PlantWildflowers campaign. We were one of 50 grants awarded by Tangled Bank Studios/PBS Nature. The grant supports a national outreach and engagement initiative to help people across the country better understand and appreciate the role bees and other pollinators play in healthy ecosystems. We are partnering with local organizations to provide educational and fun events in the community.
As part of the grant, the library was supplied with wildflower seeds. Each packet contains wildflower and Wisconsin native flower seeds that cover 1 square foot. Come in and pick up your seeds while supplies last.
Planting Instructions and Seed Information (PDF)
Registration is required at most events. Click on the event for details.
- Wednesday, June 22 at the Oregon Area Senior Center, 1 pm DIY Bee Hotel
- Thursday, June 30 at Waterman/Triangle Park, 6 pm DIY Bee Hotel
More events in the works, check back for details!
- Wednesday, April 6 at the Oregon Area Senior Center, 1 pm My Garden of a Thousand Bees
- Tuesday, April 26 ONLINE, 6 pm My Garden of a Thousand Bees
- Archived event from May 10 Bees of Wisconsin
- Monday, May 16 at the Oregon Youth Center, 4 pm Monday Mashup
- Wednesday, May 18 at the Oregon Area Senior Center, 1 pm Plant Wildflowers
- Thursday, May 19 at Waterman/Triangle Park, 6 pm Plant Wildflowers