We love book clubs!
Great Beginnings Book Club
The Great Beginnings Book Club reads one book a month with two different meeting times and locations.
- First Monday of the month at 6 pm at the library.
- First Wednesday of the month at 10:30 at the Oregon Senior Center. Remember your library card so you can check out next month's book!
In February we're reading I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings, by Maya Angelou.
Brown Bag Book Club
The Brown Bag Book Group meets the third Wednesday of the month at 11:30 am at the library.
In February we're reading The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros.
Other Book Clubs!
Are you a member of a book club? Reserve our meeting room and meet at the library! Review the Sue Ames Meeting Room Policy. Complete the Sue Ames Meeting Room Application and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
Need multiple copies of a book? No problem. Contact us at email@example.com or 835-3656.
Additionally, the Madison Public Library (MPL) provides book discussion kits. Go to the MPL website for more information: madisonpubliclibrary.org/book-club-kits.
Resources for Book Clubs
- Book Movement is the only resource of its kind. Book Movement is a free subscription website that lists popular book club books that are curated by their 48,000+ book clubs.
- Lit Lovers is a resource for book clubs with reading guides, book reviews, and lists of popular books.
- Reading Group Guides is a resource for book clubs with reading guides, book give-aways, and book recommendations.
- Reading Group Choices partners with publishers, independent bookstores, public libraries, and authors to develop resources to enhance the shared reading group experience.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.