The Friends of the Library support the library through fundraising activities, volunteer work and promoting resources and services. The Friends are also the main sponsor of the Summer Library Program.
New members are welcome! Membership applications are available in the library entrance, at the circulation desk, and online. To join, or renew your membership, print and return the 2019 Membership Form. You can become a member in-person before the booksale. For meeting information, call the library at 835-3656.
- Beth Larimer, President
- Sue Johnson, Vice-President
- Karen Gipp, Secretary
- Lucy Ruth, Treasurer
- Brenda Anderson, Membership
- Nancy Allen, Volunteer Coordinator
2019 Used Book Sale
The Friends of the Library hold Used Book Sales each April and October.
April 12 -13 Information
3-4 pm Friday, April 12 - Member Preview Sale
4-7 pm Friday, Appril 12 - Sale open to the Public
9 am -3 pm Saturday, April 13 - Sale open to the Public
1-3 pm Saturday, April 13 - $3 bag sale
Fall sale is October 18 - 19.
The Friends of the library accepts donations for the library and their Semi-Annual Used Book Sale year-round.
The following donations are accepted:
- Books in good condition
- Movies DVD or Blu-Ray only
- Music on CD
- Jigsaw puzzles (with all the pieces)
- Books on CD
- Board games (with all the pieces)
- Video games (Wii, Playstation, Xbox, etc.)
The following items do not sell well and are not accepted as donations:
- Musty, wrinkled, or damaged items
- Books missing pages or their covers
- Cassette Tapes
- Computer/technology books older than 2009
- Encyclopedias older than 2009
- Magazines (Instead, use the free magazine swap cart in the library's lobby)
- Readers Digest Condensed books
- Series Romances (i.e. Harlequin, Silhouette)
- Textbooks older than 2009
- VHS movies