We love books! Here are some resources to find your next great read.
Oregon Public Library Book Lists
Looking for something that's not here? Let us know! You can drop by when we're open, call us at (608) 835-3656, or email email@example.com.
- Audio Books (PDF)
- Cozy Mysteries (PDF)
- Dystopian Fiction (PDF)
- Historical Fiction (PDF)
- Horror (PDF)
- Inspirational Fiction (PDF)
- Legal Fiction (PDF)
- Non-Fiction that reads like fiction (PDF)
- Westerns (PDF)
- Wisconsin Authors (PDF)
All of these lists were created by Oregon Public Library staff.
Reading Recommendation Tools
- NoveList Plus is a book recommendation database that provides book suggestions for fiction and non-fiction books. Paid for by Oregon Public Library.
- Fantastic Fiction gives information on over 500,000 books and recommends other books like it..
- What’s Next?: Books in Series™ is a database created by the Kent District Library and helps you find all the books in a series.
- LINKcat's Don't Miss Lists are lists of new books available in our catalog.
- Christian Fiction Finder is a free online resource providing reviews and information on more than 2000 Christian novels by more than 500 Christian fiction authors representing almost 60 Christian fiction publishing houses or imprints.
- Stop You're Killing Me provides a searchable list of over 5,000 mystery, crime, thriller, spy, and suspense authors, with chronological lists of their books (over 58,000 titles), both series (5,900+) and non-series.
- Bookreporter provides thoughtful book reviews, compelling features, in-depth author profiles and interviews, excerpts of the hottest new releases, contests and more every week.
- Bookpage provides reviews, author interviews and more. Free print copies are in the lobby each month. Paid for by the Friends of the Oregon Library.
- New York Review of Books is the online version of the weekly magazine.
- Wisconsin's Digital Library uses OverDrive to provide downloadable ebooks and audiobooks with your library card! Using the Libby app you can even read and listen on your mobile device.