- When will the library reopen?
- Will I accrue fines while the library is closed?
- What if my holds are ready to pick up?
- Can I still place holds?
- Can I return library materials?
- What online resources can I access while the library is closed?
- How does curbside pick-up work?
- How often can I use curbside pick-up?
- Can I pick up materials today?
- I've been calling but can't get through. What do I do?
- Are you accepting donations of materials for the book sale right now?
- I have a different question.
At this point, we do not yet know exactly when the library will reopen or what that will look like. The library is working with the guidance from Public Health, Dane County, the Village and other partners to plan how and when we will be able to reopen safely for staff and our community.
Updates will be posted on social media and our website when they become available.
No. Due dates for all items have been extended and you will not accrue any fees.
Items will remain on the holds shelf until after the library re-opens. If you have items on the holds shelf that you want to pick up, you can schedule curbside pick-up.
Yes. You can call (608) 835-3656 or use LINKcat to place a hold on an item.
However, delivery service between libraries is currently very limited so we recommend placing holds on items that are currently available at the Oregon Public Library. Learn how to find items on the shelf at Oregon with this LINKcat Help page. If you aren't sure if holds you placed can be filled by materials at Oregon, email email@example.com or call (608)835-3656.
Due dates for all items have been extended and will not accrue any fees.
If you would like to return items, the outside book drop is available for limited hours. The outside book drop is located on the exterior of the building nearest the Senior Center. Materials will be quarantined for a minimum of 3 days per current guidelines so be aware your items will not be checked in on the same day that they are returned. Below is when the book drop will be open:
- Tuesdays from noon to 4 p.m.
- Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon
The library provides many online resources. You can download ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines as well as access many other resources. Get started on Research & Discovery or Research & Discovery for Kids & Families.
The library also has free Wi-Fi that you can access outside the library building.
Curbside pick-up is by appointment only. If you would like to take advantage of this service,
- Go to LINKcat to place holds on items currently available in Oregon Library (see this Help Page for tips or call (608) 835-3656 for assistance)
- Once you are notified that your hold is available, complete the curbside pick-up form.
- You'll receive an email with your assigned pick-up day and time.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (608) 835-3656 for more information.
Probably not. Because of the popularity of curbside pick-up, we don't often have appointments open. If you want to pick up items on the same day, call us or put the information in the notes field of the Curbside Pick-Up form.
The library is operating under reduced hours and staffing to ensure the health and safety of everyone. Additionally, we are receiving a higher volume of calls than normal. Please leave a message and/or email email@example.com. Staff are responding to calls and emails as quickly as possible. Please be patient and we'll help you as soon as we can!
Please limit to once a week.
No, we are not able to accept donated books or other materials at this time.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (608)835-3656 and we'll see how we can help you. We have reduced hours and may not be able to answer your question immediately, but we'll get back to you as soon as we can.