- Did I hear you're building a new library?
- Are you hiring?
- Are masks required?
- How does curbside pick up work?
- If there are no overdue fines, why are there charges on my account?
- Can the librarian pick out items for me?
- Can I use the computer, photocopier, printer, or wi-fi?
- How do I get a library card?
- Are you accepting donations of materials for the book sale right now?
- I have a different question.
Yes! Our new library building will be located on N. Alpine Parkway across from the Oregon Area Food Pantry. Project updates can be found on the New Library Project Updates page on the library's website.
Jobs are posted on our Employment Opportunity page.
Masks are welcome, but not required. Curbside pickup is available for those who prefer not to come into the library.
The library provides curbside pick-up upon request for patrons with items waiting on our holds shelf.
When you arrive at the library for Curbside Pick-up:
- Pull up in front of the building.
- Have your library card number ready and call (608) 835-3656.
- Watch for your materials to be placed on the cart.
- When library staff returns into the building, you may pick up your items from the cart.
You do not need an appointment.
If you have an item checked out that is more than 4 weeks overdue our system marks that item as "Lost" and the replacement cost is automatically charged to your account. Once you return the item, the replacement cost will be removed from your account and there will be not be any late fees.
If you have fees over $20.00 you will be blocked from placing holds in LINKcat. That block will be lifted once your charges are below $20.00.
We have librarians who can pull materials for you, your child, and your teen. Request books, movies, magazines and more! To make a request, complete the Librarian's Choice form and a librarian will get back to you with instructions for how to pick up the materials.
Find out about computers, the photocopier, and printing on the Technology Services & Help page.
You can stop by the library with a photo ID and proof of current address (if address is different than photo ID) and complete a library card application form. If you are unable to come to the library during our open hours you may also submit an online application form.
Yes, we will accept new and gently used materials for the semi-annual Friends of the Library book sale. Please check this list of accepted materials before bringing your items to the library. If you have a large volume of materials to donate please call the library at (608) 835-3656 to make arrangements for drop off.
Please email email@example.com or call (608)835-3656 and we'll see how we can help you.