- Select seeds and check them out from the library.
- Grow your plants and enjoy the harvest.
- Collect and return some seeds if you are able. There is no penalty for not returning seeds.
By participating in the seed library you are helping to create a culture of sharing and community. Saving seeds leads to a sustainable future for your community and your garden.
Save the envelope that your seeds came in. When you have collected seeds, put the seeds in the envelope and return them to the library.
If you lost the envelope, please return the seeds as if they are a donation.
We will gladly accept seeds that were not originally checked out from our seed library. Use the Seed Donation Form (PDF) and return the seeds to the library.
Seeds must be:
- open pollinated variety
- for a non-invasive plant
If you purchased seeds at a large chain store, they are probably hybrids and we cannot accept them.
- Gardening & Seed Saving Information page on Seed Savers Exchange website https://www.seedsavers.org/learn
- UW Extension https://dane.uwex.edu/horticulture/
For even more information, contact Kara Ripley at firstname.lastname@example.org