Borrowing seeds from Oregon Public Library is free and easy!
- Check out seeds.
- Grow your plants and enjoy the harvest.
- Collect and return some seeds if you are able. There is no penalty for not returning seeds.
By participating in the seed library you are helping to create a culture of sharing and community. Saving seeds leads to a sustainable future for your community and your garden.
Seeds in the Collection
Pepper, Serrano Chili
Native Garden Mix
Native plants seeds were collected and donated by the Oregon Nature Alliance and Dane County Parks.
Save the envelope that your seeds came in. When you have collected seeds, put the seeds in the envelope and return them to the library.
If you lost the envelope, please return the seeds as if they are a donation.
We will gladly accept seed donations! If seeds are donated that do not fit our requirements, they will be given away for free.
Use the Seed Donation Form (PDF) and return the seeds to the library.
Seeds must be:
- open pollinated variety
- for a non-invasive plant
Seeds that are not added to the library will be available for free to the public.
- Gardening & Seed Saving Information page on Seed Savers Exchange website https://www.seedsavers.org/learn#seed-saving
- UW Extension https://dane.uwex.edu/horticulture/
- Ripple Effects Native Plants Winter Sowing Growing Guide https://www.ripple-effects.com/grow
For even more information, contact Kara Ripley at kripley [at] oregonlibrary.org (kripley[at]oregonlibrary[dot]org)