Borrowing seeds from Oregon Public Library is free and easy!
- Check out seeds.
- Grow your plants and enjoy the harvest.
- Collect and return some seeds if you are able. There is no penalty for not returning seeds.
By participating in the seed library you are helping to create a culture of sharing and community. Saving seeds leads to a sustainable future for your community and your garden.
Here are the seeds that are available in our Seed Library.
- Lemon Balm
- Aster (out of stock)
- Butterfly Weed (out of stock)
- Marigold (out of stock)
- Sunflower (out of stock)
- Kale (out of stock)
- Pea (out of stock)
- Pepper, Jalapeno
- Pepper, King of the North (out of stock)
- Tomato, Tommy Toe
- Tomato, Wisconsin 55
For an online copy of growing instructions, you can download our Planting & Seed Collection BInder (PDF).
Save the envelope that your seeds came in. When you have collected seeds, put the seeds in the envelope and return them to the library.
If you lost the envelope, please return the seeds as if they are a donation.
We will gladly accept seed donations! If seeds are donated that do not fit our requirements, they will be given away for free.
Use the Seed Donation Form (PDF) and return the seeds to the library.
Seeds must be:
- open pollinated variety
- for a non-invasive plant
- Gardening & Seed Saving Information page on Seed Savers Exchange website https://www.seedsavers.org/learn#seed-saving
- UW Extension https://dane.uwex.edu/horticulture/
For even more information, contact Kara Ripley at email@example.com